In order to install a Counter Strike 1. 6 dedicated server, you need :
a.Windows XP, processor 1000 ghz, memory 256 ram
b. Connexion to internet
c. 300 – 400 MB free space on disk
You shall have to follow a few steps :
1. Connect to the internet
2. Download here the CS 1.6 Server Creator installer and unzipp it anywhere on disk.
3. Create an new directory on your disk and name it HLDS . It can be named anyhow but we shall use HLDS because it`s classic .
4. Now doubleclick on installer.exe and when the selection window appeares you select the new directory HLDS . Hit OK and wait a few moments . A blue window will appear on screen displaying the scroll of the installation . At this point the installer downloads and installs all the server`s components in your HLDS directory. It can take some time to do it, depending on the internet connection , so have a little pacience .When the installer finishes his work , check out the HLDS directory and see if it has approximativly 315 MB .If it has , then everything it`s ok and if it hasn`t 315 MB you`ll have to repeat this step .Open the HLDS directory,Now open the cstrike folder
5. Next step is to set the server up for accepting non steam clients . In order to do that download here the swds.dll patcher . Double click the exe and chose as installation folder, the main directory of your server (HLDS). If you want a Stem Only dedicated server, just skip this step !
6. Next step is to configure te server.cfg in order to make your server work on the internet . Go to HLDS\cstrike folder and open server.cfg with Wordpad or Notepad. Delete everything and paste this:
// This config file is executed on server start.
// disable autoaim
// disable clients’ ability to pause the server
// default server name. Change to “Bob’s Server”, etc.
hostname “MeTaL Heads ServEr PuNe”
// maximum client movement speed
// 20 minute timelimit
// load ban files
You can change your Hostname to whatever you want.
Now save the file and exit.
8. No go to HLDS\cstrike\liblist.gam , open it with Notepad or Wordpad and replace text with this:
9. In order to turn the server on, create a shortcut of hlds.exe file on your desktop and double click it. Edit the Server Name and chose your map, port and RCON Password and click Start Server. The hlds.exe file is located inside your main directory (HLDS).
The installer automatically installed Amx Mod X 1.8.1 on your server. Amx Mod X helps you to administrate your server ( change maps, set up cvars, kick players) and shows the game statistics .
To see if it runs properly go to the server console and type meta list . If the message recived is:
AMX Mod X – RUN
..then eerything it`s OK.
This is pretty much it. Have Fun !
Any probs post ’em here!